Thursday, October 3, 2013

Iroquois Clay Pots (Part II)


Do Now: Draw yourself as a robot. Would you have any special powers?

"I can make whatever food I want. I can transform into different things. I have super vision."
"If I were a robot, I'll be able to fly."

"I have rocket feet and I could fly! I fight evil too!!"

"Two powers I will have is instant food and super duper duper duper duper fast clean up."


Today, we continued working on the Iroquois-inspired pottery that we began on Tuesday.

While students painted, we read "The Legend of the Bluebonnet" by Tomie dePaola. 

Listen to a recording of "The Legend of the Bluebonnet" below.



As students finished painting, we talked about the main character's sacrifice, and how her actions related to our 4 school pillars: integrity, initiative, determination, and compassion. 

Take a look at our finished pottery!







No comments:

Post a Comment