Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Family Collages 

Do Now: What was your favorite part of our apple picking field trip to Ochs Orchard? Draw a picture and write one sentence.


"My favorite part of the apple picking was picking apples."

"I love apples so much. I love apple picking too. I love apple picking. Apple picking was fun and I love it."

"My favorite part was when we were going on the bus and we were the second to last ones when it was time to go back to school."

"I couldn't reach the apple. I was embarrassed so I just laughed and asked for help."

Today, our 7th grade volunteer led the 1st and 2nd grade lesson. She suggested we make a collage! Students were told to look for pictures that represented their family. For example, if your family has pizza night every Friday, you can cut out a picture of a pizza! That pizza would represent your family tradition.

Here is my example:

1. Boy making a silly face: My family loves to make silly jokes when we're together!
2. Glasses: My entire family wears glasses
3. Bowl of broccoli: My family - especially my mom - is very healthy. We try to eat lots of vegetables.
4. Purple flowers: My dad is a wonderful gardener. He loves looking at botanical gardens.
5. Popsicle: Because my mom is so healthy, we don't get to eat that many sweets! One treat my mom used to let me eat a lot was popsicles.
6. Map: My family loves to travel, and my dad is very good at reading maps.
7. Camera: My family loves taking photographs- we have pictures all over our house!
8. Netflix: Whenever I go home to visit my parents, we love to watch movies together.

The 1st and 2nd graders did a wonderful job representing their families. Take a look at their work below...






No comments:

Post a Comment