Thursday, November 14, 2013

Layered Self-Portraits, Part 1

Do Now: Draw a picture of yourself if you had something growing from your head instead of hair! What would it be? Make sure to explain!


"I have a person with a person with a person with an apple growing out of my head."

"I would grow bacon because it's delicious. Also, spaghetti and money."

"There are microphones because I love to sing."

"I would have the empire state building, birthday cakes, and antennas."

"I've got flower buns!"

"Microwave hair. I can get popcorn if I say it!"

"I have strawberry smoothies with a hot dog on my head!"

"I have another head!"

As part of our portraits, still lives, and landscapes unit, the 3rd and 4th grade began working on layered self-portraits. This project is similar to the layered family portraits that the 1st and 2nd grade did a few weeks ago. For a refresher, take a look at their past project here

Today students worked on part 1 of the project, drawing colorful symbols of themselves. Next week, they will finish these up and work on part 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment