Monday, November 25, 2013

Eric Carle: Day 3 

Do Now: What part of Thanksgiving are you most looking forward to?

"Getting dressed."
"Eating a big big turkey"

"I love Thanksgiving when we eat the turkey."

"My favorite thing to so is [make] pumpkin pie."

"I'm excited about going to my Uncle's house."

"[What] I am most excited about [for] Thanksgiving is giving cards."

"The most exciting part is when I eat the turkey."

"What I am excited about is going to my grandma's house because the party is there."

"My favorite part of Thanksgiving is when my mom lets me put the stuffing in the Thanksgiving turkey."

"My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is getting in a group."
"I like the food and the joy."

First, we read "Friends" by Eric Carle. We looked at Carle's illustrations, making observations about his art. 



Today, we worked with the painted paper that the 1st and 2nd grade made last class. We let it dry over the weekend, then cut it into rectangles to distribute to each student.




Using the paper they had painted, the 1st and 2nd grade created beautiful, Eric Carle - inspired collages! 










No comments:

Post a Comment