Monday, September 23, 2013

Patterns


Do Now: What would you like to be when you grow up? Write one sentence and draw a picture.

This Do Now is one of my favorites. There are always so many wonderful responses. It's exciting to see the similarities and differences among the answers...it's difficult to choose which ones to share!

"I want to be a gymnastics teacher and a fashion designer."

"I would want to be an artist."

"When I grow up I want to be in an office and work there."

"I would want to be a social worker like my mom."  


"A robot scientist who studies and builds robots and super suits with jet packs and lasers that really, and I mean really, work."

"I would like to be a dancer and singer when I grow up."

"I will like to be a doctor for kids."

"I will like to be a WNBA basketball player and a doctor and a police officer."


"I want to be a scientist when I grow up."


We have two future astronauts in the class....





Two future firefighters... 



...and a few future teachers!








While students continued to work on coloring in patterns using complementary color pairs, we read the book The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt. The class definitely enjoyed the comedic letters written by crayons to their owner, a boy named Duncan. 


Here are some of the finished products...









No comments:

Post a Comment